Second Floor Outdoor Living
New London, NH
A tired and structurally unsound second level outdoor living space was in need of an update. Our homeowners came to Foremost looking for a fresh, new way to update and enhance their outdoor living space. Reworking the layout and expanding the space is exactly what this beautiful home needed to complete this goal. Adding a spiral staircase from the second level down to the first, allowed this area to double in space and create a grand spot for entertaining.
Features & Challenges of the Project
- Expanding the second level deck footprint
- Added a custom deck drainage system to allow for dry space on the first level area
- Incorporating a spiral staircase into the layout without compromising space
- Custom railing and riser lights to enhance the visibility and usability of the spaces and spiral staircase
- Trex Spiral Staircase : 6’ wide
- Trex Signature Rail System : Black
- Trex Transcends Decking with concealed fasteners: Gravel Path
- Versetex Tongue and Groove PVC Beadboard ceiling
John and Tony were outstanding – quick, knowledgeable, personable, good sales reps for Foremost.
I particularly liked the time taken on the front end of the project doing the design, project schedule and cost estimating. This tied in nicely to the contract process and definitely makes the project move smoothly.